Youth Blog Promotion Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. Eligibility. Legal residents of the United States (except New York, Florida and Rhode Island) are eligible to participate and win. All participants must be a Spokane Teachers Credit Union (“Credit Union” or “STCU”) member in good standing. Any member under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate and/or win. Employees and volunteers of STCU, its subsidiaries, and the immediate family of any such persons (spouse, parents, siblings and children and each of their spouses) and persons living in the households of each of these individuals whether related or not are ineligible to participate or win.
3. To enter. Eligible members receive one (1) entry for each e-mail they send for entry into the Promotion (as defined below). Each entry must have the proper subject line and contain the information required for entry into the Promotion. All entries must be e-mailed to email@example.com. Limit one (1) entry per member. Eligible entries must be received by STCU before midnight Pacific Time on the last day of the Promotion Period (defined below). Entries that are fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible. See the promotion postings (each a “Promotion”) at STCU’s youth blog and/or teen blog, as applicable, which may be accessed at www.stcu.org (each a “Promotion Posting”), for details about each Promotion, entry requirements and the beginning and ending dates for each Promotion (the “Promotion Period”).
4. Promotion drawing. See the Promotion Posting for the drawing date. Limit one (1) prize per household. The time of the drawing will be determined in STCU’s sole discretion. Winner need not be present to win. In the event of uncertainty as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the holder of the STCU account, or, in the event there is more that one holder of such account, then the first person named on the account shall be deemed the entrant, or if the foregoing is not applicable or if the identity of the entrant is not reasonably ascertainable, the entry may be voided by STCU. All entries received for this Promotion will not be eligible for any subsequent Youth Blog promotion drawings.
5. Prize. See the Promotion Posting for details on the prize(s) to be awarded and the verifiable retail value for such prize(s). Each winner will be notified by telephone or by mail based upon available member contact information. The prize must be pick-up at a branch location of the winner’s choice. The prize is not transferable. If the prize is unclaimed, it may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If you receive a rain check in lieu of the prize, you are entitled by law to receive the prize, an item of equal or greater value, or the cash equivalent of the offered prize within thirty (30) days of the date on which you claimed the prize. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying applicable state and federal taxes relating to any prize awarded. Each winner must provide STCU with valid identification, a valid tax payer identification number or Social Security number and a parental consent (if applicable) before any prize will be awarded.
6. Odds. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Decisions. By entering into this Promotion, entrants and their parents or guardians (if entrant is under the age of 18) agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules, and to accept the decisions of STCU as final. Entrants and their parents or guardians (if entrant is under the age of 18) also agree to hold STCU and each of its officers, directors, employees, members and representatives, and agents harmless from any liability arising from participation in this Promotion and/or the acceptance of any prize. STCU and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, and representatives, and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance of any prize awarded or participation in this Promotion. STCU is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, illegible, or incomplete entries, whether due to system errors or failures, faulty transmission or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, technical malfunctions, spam filters, or otherwise. STCU may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or STCU. If for any reason this Promotion is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of STCU which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, then STCU reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STCU RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Publicity. Each winner (and such winner’s parent or guardian if any winner is under the age of 18) agrees to permit STCU to use the winner’s name and likeness in promotional and other STCU materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and such winner’s parent or guardian if winner is under the age of 18) also agrees that their name and prize amount will be given to other entrants upon request.
9. Compliance with law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity interpretation, and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and STCU in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its choice of law provisions.
10. Resolution of disputes. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each entrant (and such entrant’s parent or guardian if entrant is under the age of 18) agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion drawing or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest Spokane, Washington; (2) the laws of the State of Washington will govern the enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the Promotion), and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased under any federal or state law.
11. Miscellaneous. This Promotion is void where prohibited. These Official Rules apply to all STCU youth blog and teen blog promotions sponsored by STCU. STCU may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the Promotion at any time. STCU disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of this Promotion. Written copies of these rules and the name of the winner(s) are available during normal business hours at any STCU location and by mail upon written request to STCU, Attn: My Life, My Money, 1620 N. Signal Drive, Liberty Lake, WA 99019 with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
12. Sponsor. Spokane Teachers Credit Union is the sponsor of this promotion and is headquartered at 1620 N. Signal Drive, Liberty Lake, WA 99019.